Sunday, May 6, 2007

What did i hear ?

Throughout my 32 yrs of existance my ears have picked up a wide variety of sounds around me. The list of sounds that I have heard is innumerable. My mind based up on what i heard will construct a picture in my thoughts and the reality of what I heard is born in my thoughts. Its in these thoughts of my mind is the reality. The picture that emerges out from my thoughts will either be a right picture or a wrong picture. Based on the type of picture is what I will react to my surrounding.
If in a dark place I hear a "hiss" instantly the picture of a snake appears in my thought the same moment my mind tells me I'm in danger of getting stung by the snake, immediately i react by running untill the point where I dont hear the "hiss". Did I do the right thing by running away ? Well there is no correct or convincing answer for this. The snake would have happily been "hissing" about a great meal he had few minutes ago, in that case did he have an intent to sting me ?
In any conversation that I have, lot of people say many a things when they speak. Are they "hissing" at me ? should I be running away ? What is really real in this context how can I distinguish the speech that I have heard. The solution here is pretty simple :-)
While listening I just listen, instead of making out meanings of what was said Its better to get the significance of what was told. I shouldn't be even interpretting of what the picture emerges from the thoughts I just listen. When I interpret I can't be listening. The moment i start thinking the listening stops. Just listening to what is being said rather than thinking if he/she is "right" or "wrong", is he/she simbly "blading", 'am I convinced of what he/she is saying. The other person is least bothered about my conviction. "Think" and "Listen" are two different facets of any conversation. Listening without thinking will be an useless conversation, is this true ? Let me give this simple example:
What do i do near a waterfall ? I just listen :-) I become quite and silent and absorb the serine sounds of the water flowing and be delighted. I become one with the surroundings as I listen deeper into the sound. Is there meaning from the sounds of the waterfalls does the sound of a waterfall mean anything ? Same things hold good for chirping of birds, wind passing through the tree.
Though they don't carry a meaning there is significance.
What do in day-to-day conversation I just Listen...

2 comments:

MMmmm said...

please go on....I am listening :)

UniMatRix0 said...

can you listen to the silence ;)