Sunday, October 14, 2007

Visiting BR Hills after 3 years

It was a mixed set of expectations from this time's BR Hills trip. Unfortunately no sightings of Wild Gaur ( Bison ) or any wild life at all. Just a glimpse of sambar & wild dog sneaking back into the woods. The highlight of the whole trip was this event that I would always remember....
Its around 6:00 PM sunlight was dimming and we start driving South from BR Hills towards K.Gudi. On the way just near a watch tower & huge pond Dilip & Seena spot a Jungle Wagtail (its a small bird)on the road. Dilip gets off the car and starts shooting pics of it. Seena sits in the car waiting for Dilip, Naveen too gets off the car & strolls around near the pond. I too get off the car & start to capture all the 3 guys in action. I took the first pic of the car from back with Seena inside the car & Dilip walking on the road. As I get ready to take second picture.... from a distance on my right side on the back heard the roar of a Tiger. Brrrr... I silently switched off my camera without looking right or back walked straight and sat inside the car.




BR Hills - K.Gudi [ Oct-13, 14 2007 ]

4 comments:

MMmmm said...

freaky!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shilps said...

:-O wat abt others..??? did they also hear n come back to car..???

whens the story time naga..??

UniMatRix0 said...

MM:
definitely it was freaky thing & not the place to be at that moment

Shipls:
apart from me one of friend also heard & he also silently walked into the car.
The story only after I understand why it roared.

Naveen Balakrishna said...

Man I still remember that moment when we heard the Roar... How we saw each other when we heard that. The question that arises in my mind is Why! didn't we go back towards where the sound came from.

Upon that Dilip was lying flat on the road to picture that Wag tail.